Products for Toddlers 1-4 Years
- Car Seats
- Diapering and Potty Training
- Fun and Learning
- Out and About with Your Toddler
- Gifts for Toddlers By Age
Although your toddler is growing fast at this point, a good car seat is still necessary to keep your little one safe when you're on the road. The current recommendation is to keep your toddler in 5-point harness as long as possible. Watch the harness weight limit on your car seat, though, and be sure your child isn't too heavy to safely use the car seat. If your toddler outgrows a harnessed car seat before age 4, it's possible to use a belt-positioning booster seat, but it would be ideal to find a harnessed car seat with a higher harness weight limit so your child can have maximum protection for a longer time.
- All About Car Seats
- Top Convertible Car Seats
- How Long Should My Toddler Be Rear-Facing?
- Should I Buy a Used Car Seat for My Baby?
- Do Car Seats Expire?
- Common Car Seat Errors
- Can I Install A Car Seat with LATCH and a Seat Belt?
- Winter Coats Can Compromise Car Seat Safety
- Can I Re-Use a Car Seat After a Crash?
- When Should I Use the Car Seat Top Tether?
- Booster Seat Safety Tip: Maximum Harness Weights
- Top High-Back Belt-Positioning Booster Seats for Older Toddlers
- State by State Car Seat Laws
Diapering and Potty Training
Most toddlers remain in diapers through about age 3, though some children are ready to begin potty training by age two or so. Night-time potty training may not happen until at least age 4.
- Free Potty Training e-Course
- Before You Buy Disposable Diapers for Baby
- Poll: Which Disposable Diaper Brand is Best?
- Buying Used Cloth Diapers for Less
- Before You Buy a Potty Training Chair
- Top Potty Training Chairs
- Top Potty Training Seats
- Potty Training On A Budget
- 5 Great Potty Training DVDs
- 7 Fun Books About Potty Training
Fun and Learning
Toddlers learn best through play, so it's a good idea to look for toys, videos and books that engage your toddler's imagination and interests so you can sneak in some skill-building without your little one even noticing. The most important thing is to spend some time playing alongside your toddler or reading books together, so that you're helping baby learn during playtime.
- Top Alphabet Learning DVDs for Toddlers
- Top Sports-Themed DVDs for Active Toddlers
- Prince Lionheart Wheely Bug Review
- Peekaboo Bags Toy Review
- Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home Review
- Ten Classic Toys for Fun and Learning
- Top Fisher Price Little People Toys
- That Baby DVD Review
Out and About with Your Toddler
Whether you're just going to the store or on a much longer journey, you'll need a way to wrangle all of the accessories that tend to go along with life on the road with a toddler. Here are some products that will make it easier to carry and organize your toddler gear, or that lessen your need for that third arm.
- Top Lightweight Strollers
- Top 5 Diaper & Wipe Cases
- HipHugger Baby Carrier Review
- Mabel's Labels Review
- CARES Airline Harness Review
- GoGoKidz TravelMate Review
- Trunki Toddler Suitcase Review
- Boogie Wipes Review
Gifts for Toddlers By Age
Gift-buying for toddlers isn't always easy, since there's a big range of skills at this age. These toys are perfect for toddlers of various age groups, and won't be outgrown quickly.