The Bottom Line
- Fun video characters and cute animation reduce toddler anxiety.
- Relaxed approach to potty training encourages many toddlers.
- Stickers and downloadable chart provide reward for using the potty.
- Kid-friendly songs may linger in parents' brains for days.
- Like any DVD, whether or not it will work for your toddler is hit or miss.
- An animated DVD that follows a small bear from diapers to potty training success.
- Includes potty training reward stickers.
- Produced by Consumer Vision Inc.
Guide Review - "No More Diapers" Potty Training Video
The main character in "No More Diapers," a small bear, begins the video praising his diaper, as many toddlers do. Toddlers can then follow the little bear as he bounces and sings his way through potty training, with silly songs like "Wonderous Underous Pants" and "Underwear is Great." The music in this DVD is pretty funny. Toddlers will like singing along with the creative tunes. You may even enjoy singing them, too, though it may be a tiny bit embarrassing to sing "Wonderous Underous Pants" at the grocery store.
The bright, basic animation holds toddlers' attention well. A packet of potty training reward stickers are included with the DVD, and a potty training chart, coloring book and graduation diploma can be downloaded for free from the company's website when it's time to celebrate your toddler's potty training success.
No More Diapers certainly won't hurt your toddler's chances of potty training faster. If your little one is attached to diapers for some reason, he or she may identify well with the little bear in the DVD. As with any potty training DVD, though, there's always the possibility that your toddler might be the one who just isn't encouraged by DVDs.