The Bottom Line
- Protects baby's knees while crawling on rough surfaces.
- Sturdy pads should last through baby's crawling phase and beyond.
- Machine washable knee pads are easy to clean.
- Pads may slip down, especially when baby begins to stand.
- Knee pads made from four soft layers of neoprene.
- Secure to baby's knees with flexible velcro straps (updated with elastic cords for more stretch).
- Outer neoprene layer features non-slip traction beads.
- Durable and machine-washable.
- Company website: snazzybaby.com.au
Guide Review - Snazzy Baby Knee Pads Review
In my quest to test these knee pads, I turned to my most destructive testing allies - toddlers. Two toddlers wore these knee pads and crawled about the floor happily for most of an afternoon. The result? Without the knee pads, their knees were red and sometimes scraped, and the knees of their pants were dirty. With the knee pads, their knees and pants stayed clean and scrape-free. The knee pads seemed no worse for the wear after a day of hard play. For babies in the crawling phase, these knee pads might be worth the price just for keeping the wear and tear down on baby clothing! For older babies who are starting to stand up, the knee pads may slip down below the knees occasionally. This was the only drawback I could find for this product.
Overall, Snazzy Baby knee pads do the job they are intended for very well. Of course, not every parent will feel that their child needs knee pads. I didn't use knee pads for my daughter when she was crawling. Given that there are several products on the market to protect a crawling baby's knees, though, some parents must be concerned about this issue. Parents who are looking for a way to protect their baby's knees will be very happy with this product.