The Bottom Line
- Fits on any breast pump.
- Dishwasher and freezer safe.
- Easy-to-use calendar on the bottle cap.
- BPA- and lead-free.
- Not widely available yet.
- Included nipple is narrow, and many breastfeeding moms prefer a wide-base bottle nipple.
- Calendar cap bottle system with two dials on the cap to set a date for milk pumping or expiration.
- Comes in 5-ounce and 8-ounce sizes.
- 5-ounce bottles come in packages of 2, 3 or 6. 8-ounce bottles come in packs of 1, 2 or 3.
Guide Review - BabaBaby Calendar Cap Bottle System Review
The calendar cap is easy enough to twist, but you'll definitely need both hands to set the date on it. There's just enough "click" to the calendar mechanism that it won't be accidentally changed if it is bumped or touched by curious sibling fingers.
The caps are easy to take off and put on. There are no extra valves or pieces to put on. Just screw on the cap and it's done. The shape of the protective cover helps it stay on even when you're carrying the bottle in your purse or diaper bag, so leaks aren't a problem.
I love that the BabaBaby bottle fits on any breast pump, according to the manufacturer. It was always annoying to me to have to wash two sets of bottles because I pumped into one set but wanted to feed with another bottle set. With these bottles, you can just pump right into one, set the date, and it's ready to feed. I tried the bottle with two different electric breast pumps, and it does, indeed, fit well on both.
The texture of the silicone nipple is soft and easy to use and wash up. It's a fairly narrow-base nipple, though, and some breastfeeding moms prefer a wider base nipple to more closely mimic the breast.
BabaBaby bottles are available in 5-ounce and 8-ounce sizes. Each bottle comes with a calendar cap with a cover, and a feeding cap with nipple and cover.