1. Parenting
Heather Corley

Pampers Dry Max Diaper Rashes?

By May 6, 2010

Pampers disposable diapers have long been one of the most popular choices on the market. Recently, the manufacturer started using a new technology called Dry Max in their Pampers disposables. Some parents, though, say that the new technology creates a wicked diaper rash. According to a Reuters news article, the word on Pampers Dry Max diaper rashes has spread enough that CPSC is opening an investigation to see if the diapers are dangerous for baby's skin.

Parent comments on my best disposable diapers poll also indicate that some are switching away from Pampers since the new diaper technology was unveiled, due to an increase in diaper rashes. Some parents even describe the diaper rash as being like a chemical burn, and one even reports that baby had blood blisters on her skin. Others created a Facebook group called "Bring Back the Pampers Cruisers, Dump Dry Max" to share their experiences with the diapers.

Have you tried Pamper Dry Max diapers? Did your baby develop more diaper rashes, or more severe diaper rashes, when you used the new diapers?

Comments
May 6, 2010 at 11:24 pm
(1) Jamie Davis says:

Are they using the Drymax in the regular Pampers Baby Dry diapers? My son has had a rash since I got this new box of diapers.

May 7, 2010 at 2:50 pm
(2) childzen says:

this is the reason we switched to using bambo nature diapers. they are 100% natural inside and still fit like pampers. we buy them here… nurturetheseed.com

May 8, 2010 at 11:29 am
(3) Kristy says:

You know Jamie, I was wondering the same thing. My daughter has had a rash too from her Pampers. She NEVER has diapers issues (or rashes) and has used Pampers many times in the past and no rash. We switched to Target brand and it went away! It was a BAD rash too:(

May 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm
(4) Clariss says:

Our daughter has a severe rash and a friend gave us these new sry max diapers frm pampers. I have tried everything and now I am making switch to see.

May 9, 2010 at 5:44 pm
(5) Alicia says:

I LOVE these diapers I have not had any issues with my son at all unless he has a food that he has a reaction too… I love how much thinner they are and we have had no leaks! I hate that people are having issues because I am hoping they don’t have to pull them off the market :(

May 10, 2010 at 3:05 pm
(6) Marie says:

You hate people whose children’s skin has been burned off? The company is giving us the run around trying to blame the parents who once loved their product and now are watching their kids skin fall off. I’m still searching for a new diaper product for my child. We keep bouncing around.

May 10, 2010 at 10:35 pm
(7) babyproducts says:

Thanks for all of your comments!

May 11, 2010 at 8:00 pm
(8) Sahar says:

I used the Dry max for few days and it gave my son SEVERE rash. Thankfully I realized it soon enough and changed the brand.

May 12, 2010 at 1:22 am
(9) Terra says:

I have 7 month old twin girls and they had never had a diaper rash and since I’ve starting using the dry max they have both had a horrible diaper rash that I can’t seem to get rid of. I have always used pampers but I am going to use a different brand this next time and see if it goes away. I’m very upset that I may have to quit using the pampers because I have always had the best results with them, but if this rash comes every time they are on them I will have to.

May 12, 2010 at 9:47 pm
(10) Saman says:

My 15 month old baby girl has a REALLY bad rash from the diapers, just switched today to huggies so we’ll see if it clears up!

May 14, 2010 at 8:14 pm
(11) chrissy says:

i do not like the drymax…i think they leak more and my baby does get red and i have never had that problem before…don’t like huggies, what else is good?

May 15, 2010 at 1:44 am
(12) Vanessa says:

The rashes & burns r completely real!! My baby girl doesn’t want to urinate because it burns & literally stands there holding herself & cries because she is In pain. She’s been walking funny or not at all! This is sad that P&G is trying to protect themselves instead of considering that this could be factual!  & I do change my baby often. She’s 1 1/2 & has only had 1 (antibiotic induced) rash in her life! So it’s not my problem, but theirs!!  Mom’s BEWARE!!

May 15, 2010 at 3:22 am
(13) Roselin says:

I have used pampers for all my kids, but since they changed to the new diapers, my two kids have got so many rashes, I check them and try to keep the dry by I think it the diaper that is causing hese rashes.I changed to Huggies and NO MORE RASHES.

May 15, 2010 at 11:59 am
(14) cassandra says:

I absolutely hate the new pampers cruisers dry max. I switched to them three weeks ago, from Huggies, and my daughter has had an angry, painful diaper rash ever since! After 3 weeks of Desitin, ointments, etc., I switched back to Huggies and within 24 hours of switching, the diaper rash has begun to get better. Parents beware!

May 15, 2010 at 7:04 pm
(15) Andrea says:

I hate the new diapers. I loved pampers and it was the only brand of diapers I used for all three of my children. However now that the new dry max is out my one year old daughter has a diaper rash worse than I have ever seen. It has blisters and is bright red. I will never use pampers again due to this. It is unfortunate that people have to mess with a good thing. Maybe the makers of these new diapers should wear them for a few days and see how it feels.

May 16, 2010 at 6:33 pm
(16) Heather says:

I have been using the Dry Max diapers since they came out. My daughter has not had a diaper rash at all, the thinner diaper makes it easier for her to move around, and it keeps her skin absolutely dry! I’m sorry that others are experiencing difficulty…hopefully it can be determined what is causing the rashes so that Pampers can still offer the benefits of the new diaper without the risks.

May 17, 2010 at 8:43 am
(17) Lindsay says:

After running out of my old Pampers crusiers I went and got the new ones with the dry max. I had not heard they were changing their product so I just bought the new pack. After about a 4 days of wearing the new Pampers my son developed a horrible diaper rash and I could not get anything to make it go away. We had used A & D for several days and finally using the pink xav has started to clear it up. It has now been 2 weeks. P & G needs to look into a recall.

May 17, 2010 at 8:51 pm
(18) Nicole says:

My son literally never had a diaper rash at 8 months old. Since he is getting a little active, I decided to try the Pampers Cruisers since the Pampers Swaddlers worked well for him. He now has what looks like a chemical burn on his bottom. It started out as a huge diaper rash, but as soon as we switched, the majority of the rash went away and now he just has these 2 streaks of what look like burns…I know P&G is denying it has anything to do with the diapers, but I have to think this is more than just a coincidence that he suddenly develops this rash.

May 18, 2010 at 2:48 pm
(19) Rivka says:

My daughter is 18 months old and we have always been happy with Pampers. We switched from regular cruisers to the ones with dry max without a problem, but I recently bought a pack without dry max and NOW she has a terrible diaper rash! My husband thinks it’s caused by something she ate and I hope he’s right.

May 18, 2010 at 4:45 pm
(20) Debbie says:

My comment is the same as Lindsay’s . We bought these diapers two weeks ago. They had replaced the old cruisers with the new ones, so I chose the brand I always went with. For two weeks,my son has had a severe, red-blistering diaper rash. He has been in agony and screaming in pain. He still has it, and thank goodness somebody told me about this today. He didn’t get the rash until we started with this “new” diaper. It’s a lot of money to waste for a painful experience. Pampers needs to reimburse their customers. I will be glad to send in a picture of my son’s behind!

May 19, 2010 at 5:35 pm
(21) Lourdes says:

My son started getting a rash after using pampers dry max we went back to using parents choice and it went away by accident my dad put a pamper diaper on and his rash came back

May 19, 2010 at 5:35 pm
(22) Jillian says:

I have a 16 month old son. He has a horrible rash (including blister like sores on the insides of his legs and a scaly rash on his lower back). I’m going to stop using the pampers for one week and use only cloth and see if it clears up. The kid is so uncomfy. :(

May 19, 2010 at 8:21 pm
(23) Trish says:

So, as a faithful pampers user since my 17 month old was born, and never had any problems other than maybe 1 or 2 mild rashes. I always loved the swaddlers, and was so happy to see a new sensitive dry max in size 4, thinking it would be a bigger version of the swaddlers. So within the first day I put them on him, he had a horrible, painful “burn” looking rash the entire area the diaper covers. it kept getting worse, with no relief from ointments, so I took him to the doctor, who immediately asked if I had switched his brand of diapers recently because it looked like an allergic reaction. So- there ya go! I’ve stopped using the new, and found the old baby dry, and after 4 weeks, his poor skin is STILL healing. He has the scaly dry skin lower back, and frontside as well. With all of these babies having the same symptoms, it irritates me that pampers dismisses us by saying that “consumers don’t like change, and everytime a new or improved product hits the market there’s always complaints of rashes.” Hmmmmm, if they had to pay the doctor and prescription costs of all of us, maybe they’d fix the problem instead of brushing it off.

May 20, 2010 at 12:43 pm
(24) Mindi says:

I just got off the phone with Pampers. They are sending me coupon vouchers to purchase new diapers without the Dry Max product in them, at their expense. The Baby Dry and the Extra Protection diapers are made WITHOUT the Dry Max product. My daughter was in so much pain, and the rash looked more like something out of a movie… with the skin burning off! I think it is important for all the parents having problems to call Pampers, and speak to a representative, don’t settle for there pre-recorded message! They need to have names and voices with the concerns – not just us blogging about it. Let’s make them change the product line back to No More Dry Max! Let’s keep all the children out there safe and comfortable!

May 22, 2010 at 7:09 pm
(25) Daniel J. Bell says:

Huh. I’ve had a similar experience with our daughter. Causation isn’t correlation but boy my kid is burned to heck.

I’m taking no chances for now.

May 22, 2010 at 9:20 pm
(26) felicia williams says:

These are the worst pampers i have invested in my baby have a very bad rash and when she makes urine in them it comes write through them i am going to try to get my money back from the company.

May 26, 2010 at 3:34 pm
(27) Levi's Mom says:

My son has had a severe diaper rash going on 4 weeks now. I’m a pharmacist and believe me I had tried EVERYTHING (Vusion ointment, Boudreaux’s Butt Paste, Dr. Smith’s Diaper Rash Ointment, Desitin, Cornstarch, Goldenseal powder, Vaseline, nystatin powder, oral Lactinex granules, dietary changes, etc.) but nothing seemed to work. As mentioned by others, his skin looked chemically burned. It finally dawned on me that maybe it was the diapers. I, too, liked the slimmer profile of the new Dry-Max Pampers and was a loyal Pampers mom since he was in preemie Swaddlers, but last night I switched to Huggies Natural (in white package) and noticed an almost complete resolution in just 4 hours! I mentioned it to my sister who watches my son while I work and she recalled reading something about a new diaper formula causing rashes, so I Googled and here I am reading about it. I’m returning the 3 pkgs of Cruisers with DryMax in his nursery and exchanging them for Huggies today. I don’t care what anyone else says; nothing’s worth my baby boy’s safety!

May 27, 2010 at 1:30 pm
(28) Stacey says:

My little girl is six months old and I have been using Swaddlers since she was born…about 2 weeks ago, she got a diaper rash and I have been doing everything needed to help alleviate it and it still remains…. The rash is not as severe as some Moms are struggling with. I just realized that we opened our first box of Dry Max around the same time…..definitely something to think about. Kinda scary actually.

May 27, 2010 at 7:35 pm
(29) Gina says:

My son has developed a horrible rash. It hurt him so bad he screamed crying for hours. I will NOT be using pampers anymore. I will be purchasing huggies from now on.

May 28, 2010 at 4:01 pm
(30) Gloria says:

I heard about the new drymax causing rashes the same day I bought a new box of pampers. I just thought the rashes were normal rashes but once I started using the new drymax ones, omg my poor baby would wake up crying she’s 16mo old and I’ve never seen this kind of rash it was more on her legs than in her diaper area. I immediately stopped using then and used the walmart back up diapers I already had at home and her rash went away as fast as it came. I hope pampers brings back their original pamper, I am never buying the purple drymax ones.

May 28, 2010 at 7:27 pm
(31) Roslyn says:

These diapers gave my daughter a chemical burn too, and she NEVER had diaper rash before! She started wearing them right before the news article about this issue came out, and I immediately took her out of them and switched back to the baby dry. I hope they pull this crap off the market

May 28, 2010 at 9:38 pm
(32) Aire says:

I can’t believe all the claims that the new Pampers with Dry Max is causing so many problems for so many babies. I tried to samples first and neither one of my toddlers had such problems as severe rashes and blisters. They worked great. Never leaked (even when my older toddler slept for 15 hours once!) or caused any other problems. Maybe they are just lucky or very fortunate.

May 29, 2010 at 5:17 pm
(33) Mittal says:

I always used pampers for my daughter and I loved it. But the new dry max created really bad rashes to my daughter. She never got it this bad before. I am never going to use this dry max.

May 31, 2010 at 3:05 am
(34) Jen says:

I have always been a loyal Pampers user but recently, after buying a box of the new Pampers, we started noticing burns on my sons bottom. It looked like a rash but didn’t. Bag Balm has ALWAYS worked on his rashes and it’s done NOTHING. This morning, while at church, somehow the seam on the side of the diaper ripped open and the little crystals flew everywhere. Since they came in direct contact with his skin, his rash worsened considerably. I mentioned this problem to my girlfriend and as soon as I started talking she told me about reading about this problem all over Facebook and online. The picture and descriptions I saw match my son’s problem exactly. It’s frustrating that soooo many people are having this problem yet everyone is being treated like it isn’t that big of a deal. Tell that to my two year old, who, up until recently, was finally starting to tell us when he had a dirty diaper and as of right now, he refuses because he is afraid of getting his diaper changed because it hurts so much. :o (

June 1, 2010 at 1:47 pm
(35) couponsmichelle says:

My son is not prone to diaper rashes and we have always used pampers. However, he now has bright red blistering skin on his inner thigh and is having trouble walking:(. We will be switching!

June 1, 2010 at 6:11 pm
(36) Stephanie @ And Twins make 5! says:

I think it’s great you are letting people discuss their experiences here.

I use Dry Max on my twins and love them. Admittedly, the stuff being said scared me. I then had the chance to travel to Pampers HQ to discuss the safety issues with them.

I’ve written a few posts on my visit and perspective, I’d love your take.

June 2, 2010 at 4:32 pm
(37) Kayleen says:

I have used Pampers for all 3 of my kids. After a few days of using the Dry Max diapers my son went from an average diaper rash to two huge burns/blisters. 3 weeks after changing diaper brands he is still healing. My poor little man is itching and uncomfortable.

June 4, 2010 at 12:29 pm
(38) Angie says:

We have used Pampers for years-since my oldest daughter was born, she is now 4. My second child has recently broken out into a horrid red rash,& she says “it hurt.” (She’s 2) It makes me sad. I went back to Pampers Baby Dry instead of Cruisers w/ dry max. We will see if this does this trick. And believe me, Pampers will hear from this mommy.

June 5, 2010 at 10:53 am
(39) Laura says:

Hi, well, now I understand…
I have a 4 week old baby and she had a nappy rash twice already. I have out this down straight away to the Pampers nappies, because they have a mesh that sticks to her bottom so much that sometimes I have to peel it away.
I am going to return the two boxes I bought recently and switch to a different nappy brand. Let’s see if the situation improves.
I am very disappointed, though.

June 5, 2010 at 11:02 am
(40) Cassandra says:

My daughter has broken out all over her lower back and legs with a terrible red, hot rash after trying the new Pampers. We also just found out that she has a labial adhesion which only occurs in 1% of girls ages 3 months to 6 years. She has only recently got this since we have been using Pampers w/ Dry Max “Techonology”. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen to their girls after using the new pampers…

June 7, 2010 at 11:49 am
(41) Jaime says:

My son has sensitive skin but got a rash like never before when we started using Pampers Dri Max. I used diaper rash creams and nothing seemed to help until we switched to Pampers Baby Dry. I still had a package of Dri Max left and thought I would give it another try just to see, and within a few days the rash was back and severe. After one night in Huggies, I purchased them since they sent a coupon, the rash is almost gone. I had been a fan of Pampers since his birth but not so much now. I will still use Baby Dry. Dri Max does hold more with less leaks but the rash my baby gets is intolerable.

June 10, 2010 at 12:56 am
(42) Michelle says:

We have been up to our ears in diaper rashes since the re design, I never thought it was coming from the diapers… My son never had diaper rash until they switched and now he has had a consistent bloody diaper rash and the prescribed ointment from the dr doesn’t do anything. I am switching. Pampers, you screwed a perfectly good thing.

June 11, 2010 at 11:28 pm
(43) Jessica Johnson says:

Hi my name is Jessica and I’m so happy to be able to say something about this. My son cohan is my first child and ever since he was born we followed down the pampers line from newborn to 6′s. Until tomorrow. Today is the last I will “torture” my son into wearing the new pampers. It has been a few months of about every 2 weeks at the most we will go through the most awful diaper rashes to the point were they are bleeding. At first I was ate up in guilt thinking I wasn’t changing his diaper enough, to the point where my fiance would come home lecturing me about changing cohans diaper. My son is 16 months old and tonight after I gently as possible wiped his tushy he cried out mumma no shaking his head. Now that’s when enough is enough, so I decided to google it after cohans doctor had given us medicines that failed his rashes. That’s when I came across all these websites about the pampers causing rashes. Its such a sad thought. And I really want to do something about it!!. Please feel free to email me because enough is more than enough.. jesstayy@ymail.com

June 15, 2010 at 9:50 pm
(44) Lisa Edwards says:

Wow I just want to cry. I feel like the world’s worst mom as I thought these pampers diapers would be better for my triplets. My daughter has such a bad skin burn that it is blistered and bleeding. I think someone from Pampers should come to my house tonight to listen to my daughter cry as she is in so much pain to just lay there let alone go the bathroom and have to get her diaper changed. We finally realized it was the diapers today after working with the doctor for over 2 weeks. We went back to the old Pampers tonight and hopefully in a few days she will be a lot better. Just listening to her cry is breaking my heart. I wanted to let other parents know that yes it is not all kids who do have the reaction but if yours is one that does I feel your pain.

Momma to poor blistered Sidney

June 15, 2010 at 10:46 pm
(45) christine says:

My son got a terrible diaper rash from these diapers! It was awful. He had to go bare bottomed for a while it was so bad. Yes, he pooped and peed all over! I should send Pampers the clean up bill..and the doctor’s office visit bill. I had to take him it was so bad. Oh, and he had never had a diaper rash before using these. Bye Bye Pampers.

June 29, 2010 at 4:01 am
(46) Rosemary says:

My 23 mo old son normally uses huggies, but I had to buy a box of pampers overnights last week because the store was completely out of huggies brand. I thought it would be safe since pampers overnights aren’t supposed to use the new dry max technology, but he’s developed awful burns on both of his legs ever since he started wearing them. He’s only had diaper rash 2 or 3 times in his life, and both were extremely mild cases that disappeared within hours after applying desitin. These current burns just seem to be getting worse and worse and have started to turn almost purple in color. I am have turned back to huggies exclusively and am hoping his burns will go away quickly now. I just wanted to share my experience about pampers overnights to see if anybody else out there is having the same issues with them. Perhaps pampers recently changed their baby dry formulas as well but aren’t being forthcoming about it due to all the recent negative press over the cruisers and swaddlers???

June 29, 2010 at 2:24 pm
(47) amy little says:

i have been using pampers with all three of my childern i just got a new box of pampers crusers for my son and now he is getting a bad diaper rash i took him to the ped. and he told me he had a chemical burn and to change my diaper brand so i did, i changed him to huggies and now i have no problems with him at all. so did pampers cause the problem I WOULD SAY SO why would my eight month old have a chimical bun on his rear end?????

July 1, 2010 at 3:59 pm
(48) Zia says:

I used the pampers baby dry diapers. My daughter got a nasty rash, that even had blisters that bled. Eventually after a month of trying to get rid of the rash, I heard about these diapers causing rashes so I switched to Huggies. The rash is getting better now!

July 13, 2010 at 1:05 pm
(49) DomesticDivaNorth says:

It is just finally dawning on me that the new Dry Max diapers are the cause of my daughters HORRIBLE diaper rash. We have been going through ointments and pastes, trying everything we can think of. It has been about 3 weeks and I was just ready to call the dr when I heard something about the new Pampers. We have been faithful Pampers users for 8 years since my first daughter was born and it never occurred to me that it could be the diapers as we have never had any issues with diaper rash. Her poor underside looks like it has been burned :( It is so red and sore and not a raised rash, just full red swollen painful looking skin. I feel so awful that I never put two and two together. I just bought some Huggies to try and we will see if it helps! I plan on calling P & G to complain for sure.

August 2, 2010 at 9:50 am
(50) Jason says:

My daughter has never had rash issues until we switched to Dry Max. The only reason we switched to Dry Max is because I couldn’t find cruisers anymore. I am concerned that whatever caused the rash is in her system. I am even more concerned that Pampers hasn’t issued a recall or private investigation. I want to know what is in these diapers. I just contacted my wife to pickup huggies . Any type without chemicals.

August 12, 2010 at 3:55 pm
(51) catwalk says:

we never had problems with pampers with my son, but when my daughter started to use these dry max diapers cause we got them as gifts she has started get redness down there and so we are keeping a very close eye on it for sure so far the redness has gone down some, but we are looking to see if pampers has anything WITHOUT this dry max stuff in them. ive seen the sensitive diapers and also found some blankie soft ones as well with i dont see anything about dry max on the box. whats worse is that not only are babies reacting to the so am i my hands touch the diapers and therefore have broken out in a horrible rash:( and i dont know what to use to get this off!!!!!

August 17, 2010 at 12:07 am
(52) Marisela says:

my 11 month old daughter recently grew out of pampers swaddlers which I really loved, so I was excited about trying the new cruisers with drymax…big mistake. My baby got a really bad red rash, the worst she’s ever had (she’s only had about 2 or 3 mild since birth) she also had two bumps that looked like blisters and the rash was even on her leg. Poor baby was in so much pain she bawled her eyes out when I gave her a bath…I will never use this product again and maybe any other pampers product for that matter. I really hope Pampers will get with it and realize this is not just a coincidence and fox the problem so these poor little babies won’t have to suffer! :(

August 22, 2010 at 8:38 pm
(53) Nicole says:

Ok im sorry if people on there might like pampers dry maxs ..

I just had twin boys they are 3 months old , my friends and family got my pampers dry maxs diapers i used 5 diapers out of one box and they got a diaper rash so bad and red bumps that there skin looked so bad and when i wiped them after doing there thing , they cryed so badly i felt so bad so i had to buy huggies or parents choice and the diaper rash was gone in a couple of days …
so i hope they get them off of the market so people do not buy them anymore …

August 23, 2010 at 4:14 pm
(54) Joseph says:

My Joshua, 16 months, never had a diaper rash until recently. After using what the dr. ordered it disappered in a few days. We swithched to Pampers Cruisers to make sure it wasn’t a diaper issue. The result was a rash that appears like achemical burn and that is very painful. The first rash was not painful to Josh at all. This rash, he doesn’t even want to be changed. I will be making another change.

August 23, 2010 at 10:24 pm
(55) Kristi says:

I have used Pampers Baby Dry for all three of my kids. Oldest is 12, youngest is 2. I bought a new pack of diapers (baby dry is all I use) and used a few diapers. Yesterday morning she woke up with the most horrible rash on her. I took photos to document. But I had some pull ups that I had been saving to potty train and I have put her in those and it had cleared up by the next day. It was horrible.

This old faithful Pampers user is now not going to purchase another diaper from this company. I wont recommend this brand again.

August 24, 2010 at 5:14 pm
(56) Kat says:

my 2 year old son hasnt had a diaper rash since he was 1, i tried these dry max pampers & his butt was so red it looked like an awful chemical burn! what are they putting in these diapers??? makes you wonder…needless to say i switched to all natural earths best diapers right away!

August 29, 2010 at 9:57 am
(57) Laura says:

My son is 9 months old and has not had many diaper rashes in his little life however, has a horrible rash (does look like a burn) since switching from Huggies to Pamper Dry. Not knowing what it was took him to the Doctor. Iwas told it was contact dermatitis and received cortisone cream. After applying the cortisone cream and continuing the diapers and (thinking it was the new baby wipes whcih we changed) the rash is still really bad. However it is still bad where the purple material of the diaper touches him not so much the white part of the diaper. On these diapers the purple is right around the top of the diaper so around his belly button and on his Lombard is bad and in the crease of his legs. It is if the cortisone cream is not able to work as long as the irritation for the purple material is in direct contact with his skin. I am switching back to huggies right now. Husband is on his way home from the store. I just called pampers and there is an option to press a number to discuss these specific Pampers. They say there is an “erroneous recall” regarding these diapers. Come on people maybe it should be an erroneous recall but just a recall. How Corporate America hates to part with some money! Huggies we are coming back!

August 31, 2010 at 12:31 pm
(58) Rich says:

I used the newborn dry max just last week and my sons area between his balls and his butt started bleeding. I only had the diaper on him for 3 hours because I already heard about the problems with the Dry Max so I wanted to check after 3 hours. It was a free box of diapers so I wanted to at least see if it was true. Well it is don’t be stupid like me and gamble with your babies health.

September 2, 2010 at 3:54 pm
(59) Sarah says:

my loving husband bought pampers sensitive with dry max for a weekend camping trip we were taking. After only 2 days of wearing these diapers, my 4 month old son developed a diaper rash. I vaguely heard about the dry max causing diaper rash so I immediately knew that was the problem. I switched brands of diapers and used A&D for a few days and it has cleared up. We won’t be buying these diapers anymore. I loved the Pampers swaddlers but no more dry max for us!

September 5, 2010 at 6:46 pm
(60) chey says:

I was a faithful Pampers user for 5 years (two kids), but these diapers are useless if not dangerous. We had horrible leaks – I tried a size up, then back down a size and it made no difference. I’m not talking leaking out the sides like the old cruisers would do if you left them on way too long, it was complete and total soak through. My DD thankfully did not get a rash, but she did seem red/irritated. A previous poster mentioned labial adhesion, which my DD has developed as well. I can’t say for sure it was a result of wearing these diapers, but thought it worth mentioning in case more people were seeing this problem.

September 11, 2010 at 5:25 pm
(61) Kristi says:

My 20-month old developed a rash on his lower back just above his butt…I thought it was from wearing his swim diaper or that he may have scratched himself since it appeared that he’d scratched it. At his 18-month appointment the doctor dismissed it as “bath butt” and prescribed Fluticosone. It went away with the medicine but came back in force in the last week or so. He screams when I change his diaper and he wants to scratch it. I was noticing that the back of the diaper is very thin and I’m wondering is it actually causing an abrasion back there? I googled a search for what I’m seeing and I came upon your post about the Dry Max diapers. We’re changing today to see if it helps. This rash looks like shingles…blistering…awful.

September 15, 2010 at 9:26 am
(62) Tina says:

I used pampers swaddlers sensitive for my twin babies from when they were born, moving up in size as they grew, when I moved into size 3, my son started getting a bad diaper rash. Neither of them had ever had a diaper rash before, and I had not changed anything to their diet or wipes or diapers (I thought). Nothing I did made the rash better, I tried lotion, Desitin, Vaseline, Letting him airdry before putting on a new diaper, the rash just got worse with blisters and open bloody soars leaking fluid. It didnt even occur to me it might be the diapers, since it was the same diaper I used, just a size larger. A week ago I opened a bag of Huggies, and the rash got better within one day of use – today one week later, the rash is completely gone. So looking up the Pampers swaddlers sensitive diapers, I see that size 1+2 does not have the Dry Max in them, but size 3+4 does – this is decieving and I am very dissapointed in Pampers. I have 3 big unopened boxes of Pampers Baby Dry – and I’m afraid of trying them on my babies, its not stated anywere that they have Dry Max in them, but you never know. I thought the sensitive diapers were designed for babies with more sensitive skin – thats why I bought them and payed extra for them. Pampers needs to take the Dry Max out of their products, or at least advertise clearly that it is in their Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive diapers, so consumers have a fair chance of knowing what they are exposing their babies to.

September 24, 2010 at 1:14 am
(63) Deidre says:

I recently was given a box of Pamper’s Dry Max diapers, and they did cause a really bad case of diaper rash! I was using Huggies before, and no rash whatsoever, and once I switched, she started out with just a red area, and ended up with some open sores, which finally went away within a few days of switching back to Huggies Naturals.

October 6, 2010 at 1:37 pm
(64) sandi says:

my husband went and bought the swadlers with drymax on sat started usin them on sun we usualy use pampers baby dry so when i seen the rash the nxt day i knew it was the daipers askd my husband what diapers did he get he got the ones with drymax when i knew we shouldnt b usin that kind cuz i heard of the complaits so yeah i feel the diapers r the problem i like pampers babydry and thats what am gonna stick with so beware of the drymax!

October 15, 2010 at 8:51 pm
(65) Amanda says:

My son used them for 3 days and got blisters on his butt and he has never had diaper rash before until we used the pampers dry max. I immediately switched back to huggies.

October 30, 2010 at 10:40 pm
(66) Maria says:

At the hospital my newborn was using swaddles by pampers. When we got home we were running low. So my husband went to buy some more. He didn’t notice that they were with max dry. My newborn got a really bad rash. He was only a week old, he is now 8 weeks and the rash hasn’t completely gone away. Even though we immediately changed his diaper, my sisters told me about dry max. These diapers must be recalled.

October 31, 2010 at 9:04 am
(67) Barb says:

My baby gets welts even from the sensitive diapers with dry max. From the REGULAR diapers, he got exactly what they said! It looked just like a chemical burn! I knew he was sensitive, but his daycare lady put them on him without my consent. He had a red looking thing like a sunburn all up his legs and up above his belly button. In his diaper area, the skin was actually peeling away. After it healed, his skin on his bottom peeled just as if he had had a sunburn. I took photos for Pampers, but they don’t care.

We use Huggies Pure and Natural and they are wonderful for him. They also hold more at a time and hold better at the back with their elastic.

December 9, 2010 at 9:31 pm
(68) corin says:

We lasted in pampers for a few weeks. My daughter got horrible blisters and around her legs where the diaper hit her thighs was absolutely RAW. It looked like someone had spilled boiling water on her. The skin on her poor little hiney was all red and shriveled up. We switched to cloth, and it took the rash forever to clear up. After it did clear up, we don’t have any more rash or irritation issues. Anyone who says it’s the parent’s fault for the rashes, I changed my daughter every hour on the hour and used diaper cream every single time. And she still ended up with the worst rash Iv’e ever seen. We used target brand diapers and never ever had a problem, but this whole experience with rashes turned me off from disposable diapers all together.

December 16, 2010 at 9:39 am
(69) Julie says:

I used Pampers Cruisers with dry max while I was away on a trip and my daughter got a terrible rash/burn. It only took 3 days of using them and she was in quite a bit of pain (she had never had a diaper rash before and she is almost 10 months old). Now it has been 5 days since I stopped using the pampers and she still has a couple of red marks. That is why I am thinking it was a burn! I wouldn’t recommend these diapers to anyone.

December 18, 2010 at 8:24 am
(70) Christina says:

I am doing reseach because since I bought the pamper diapers cruisers with Dry Max my daughter started developing a TERRIBLE rash and even appeared on her sides where you strap on the diapers. It is a odd rash that doesn’t look like a normal diaper rash and I definitely realized it was caused by soemthing else. Google “Pamper Diapers Dry Max” and found a lot of complaints that are saying the same thing I am seeing. So I will be staying away from Pampers Dry Max. Very weird!

December 24, 2010 at 11:28 pm
(71) kayla says:

I was wondering the same thing about the Baby Dry Diapers, I use pampers usually and my daughter never had a rash until recently…. I wonder why it has developed since the last box or 2 of diapers i have bought and she never had it before.. I change her diaper just as much and always use destine, just seems weird to me….

December 31, 2010 at 10:20 pm
(72) jenny says:

ALL you people complaining need to get a life! Of course your little ones will come up with a bad rash and as i can say a yeast infection! it can happen once in your babies lives! grow up and move on! It has nothing to do with Pampers!
Leave them alone and their diapers! You will never have a baby go through life with NO rashes whatsoever! every baby gets it!! get a effin life! grow up and learn things ! go and see ur babys doctor and ask what it is and EXPLAIN what kind of rash it is and dont say anything about if its the diaper unless the doctors perscribed cream dont work THEN its allergic reaction! You parents need to act more and go quick to your doctor and ask about why the rash isnt going away! it can be a yeast when it cant go away! come on people you all are smart and act on it ! dont blame a diaper company thats childish to hold a grudge on when babys CAN get a yeast using any kind of diaper really!
And to whoever said Huggies got chemical-free products????? YOUR OUT OF YOUR EFFIN MIND WOMAN! EVERYTHING HAS CHEMICALS JUST GOOGLE IT !!! ANYONE USING DAMNED DISPOSABLES HAS CHEMICALS IN THEM! DONT ASSUME YOUR SLOW BRAIN THAT ONE HAS LESS CHEMICALS THAN THE OTHER! THATS COMPLETELY NOT PROVED IN SCIENTIFIC MATTER THAT HUGGIES HAS LESS CHEMICALS JUST CAUSE THEIR DIAPER SAYS ITS “PURE AND NATURAL” GET REAL PEOPLE! I KNOW COMPANIES TRY AND FOOL YOU WITH CATCHY NAMES ON THEM. ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE PATHETIC! EVEN THE ONES WHO JOINED THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS ARE DUMB! THE LAWSUIT WAS DROPPED BECAUSE IT WAS A OVER-EXAGGERATED LIE! THE PEOPLE WHO STARTED IT DIDNT KNOW WTF THEY WERE SAYING! AND NEEDED MORE PROOF TO BACK IT UP!

January 18, 2011 at 11:49 am
(73) Katir says:

I just switched to these this morning because they were on sale in bulk. I didnt realize these were the pampers that had reports of rash but after just 2 hours in his first cruiser he broke out in what looks like an allergic reaction rash all around the waist line and he scratched around his bum so much he made himself bleed. These reports are real! He has had issues with exzema so it may only effect those with sensitive skin.

January 24, 2011 at 12:18 am
(74) Lacey says:

We have 13 month old boy/girl twins and have used Pampers Cruisers Dry Max for a while(unsure of the time frame)…but have had problems with their daiper area getting bright red and swollen for some time now. Most recently our little boy has developed a rash of what everyone has been talking about that looks like 3rd degree burns! We have been dealing with it now for 2 months! His bottom looked like someone poured boiling hot water on it and just melted his skin right off:(( He has been miserable! After 3 trips to the MD, every cream/treatment & no sleep for us or him…we finally switched to Seventh Generation diapers and used Triderma MD Severe Diaper Rash Cream…this finally healed the open burnt areas. He is now left with red scars on his bottom and itching. We also ended up having to take him to the Dermatologist for steroid creams and medication to help him sleep. We are still in the progress of healing. Our little girl also started to develop this same chemical burn looking rash on her bottom. After reading all the comments, she will be wearing Seventh Generation Diapers from now on. I’m not taking anymore chances, these poor babies have been through too much with this already. If it truly is the diapers, I hope they fix this b/c it is awful!

January 24, 2011 at 12:56 pm
(75) Cory Strumecki says:

Yes, our 4 month old did get chemical burns from these diapers. It was the worst weekend of our parenthood…

January 25, 2011 at 11:18 am
(76) jgarber says:

I reported Pampers to the CDC after a horrible ongoing diaper rash. The only way I was able to get rid of it was switching to Huggies all natural diapers. Once it was gone I started using the Target brand. Not only has her rash gone away but Target’s diapers are more than $10 cheaper than other diapers and just as good!

January 25, 2011 at 10:58 pm
(77) Stephanie M. says:

I used Pampers before Drymax came out and have always loved Pampers. The first day my son was in the drymax he broke out in a rash. I stopped using it immediately based on all the information I had heard about the possible reactions. The Babydry Pampers DO NOT have drymax in them. So we use those for overnight diapers and Target’s Up & Up brand for during the day. Both work great and neither gives him a reaction.

February 5, 2011 at 4:45 pm
(78) Lindsay says:

I tried using the Pampers Baby Dry’s on my daughter when she was about 8 months old. They were less expensive than the Cruisers. They gave her a terrible rash all over, then moment I switched back she was fine!

February 6, 2011 at 3:03 pm
(79) Jessica says:

I have always loved pampers from using them at work (daycare) and with babies I’ve nannied for…so it was a no brainer when I had my son a few weeks ago that I’d use them…they used them in the hospital and he had no problems, but when I got him home after a week, he quickly developed the red, blistery rash and his skin literally peeled off like a burn. I googled about diaper rashes because none of the creams helped at all, and came across the news about dry max…however, I was using preemies and they weren’t dry max, but then I bought newborns that were dry max. So I don’t know if it’s pampers in general or the dry max but I have used other diapers for a few days now and it’s improving plus he’s not screaming bloody murder when I change him anymore.

February 9, 2011 at 9:43 am
(80) debbie says:

My little boy is 6 months and I bought pampers baby dry as the shop had run out of huggies, the next morning he had a large red mark, does look like a burn, across his lower back near where the elasticated part is. I continued using the baby dry a day or two and realised it was the different nappies. I have put him back in huggies and the mark has completely gone.

March 17, 2011 at 10:44 am
(81) Karen says:

I have been a loyal Pampers user for 5 years, but now have to find something else for my 2 1/2 yr old. She has a wicked rash on her crotch which I believe is from the Cruiser diapers. We’ve always used the Baby Dry variety, but Baby Dry only goes up to size 6 and she was always leaking. So we switched to the Cruisers that went up to size 7. I hesitated buying them as I heard all the other complaints, but being he box did not indicate that it uses the Dry Max Technology I thought it would be OK. Wrong! Now I’m in a mad dash to clear up her rash and make her comfortable again.

March 26, 2011 at 9:56 pm
(82) Mary says:

My 15 month old son developed a ‘diaper burn’ on his bottom after using Pampers Overnight with Drymax. He started them on Monday and by Thursday had blisters on his bottom. By Friday, the blisters ‘popped’ and he did not let his bottom contact the water in the bathtub because it hurt him so badly.

The only change in his routine was the overnight diaper. And what’s especially sad is that he wore one per day… only at night. I am a faithful Pampers Baby Dry customer; you can check my ‘Gifts to Grow’ Rewards membership! Thankfully, we made a Saturday doctor’s appointment and he is on the mend.

I hope Pampers steps up and admits fault!

May 16, 2011 at 1:55 am
(83) kirsty says:

my baby got a terrible rash whilst using dry max, i have changed brands and it has got better but comes back periodically.

July 13, 2011 at 9:49 am
(84) kat says:

My son had awful nappy rash whenever I used pampers. I use huggies now and he never gets nappy rash and I never have any problems with them.

September 9, 2011 at 10:40 pm
(85) #1 momma! says:

I use pampers on my son and he has never had a diaper rash! I change him as soon as I see the blue line appear or even when there are little dots of the blue line and he is almost 4 months! I would recommend pampers to parents!!

October 19, 2011 at 5:55 am
(86) Roxanne says:

My child never a problem with nappie rashes and about a month ago she had severe daiper rash that is not going away and I am still struggling with it. didnt think it is that pampers as it is the only thing that has helped since her birth.

November 19, 2011 at 1:50 am
(87) Jen says:

I’m really sorry to hear about all these rashes! I appears that pampers is ALL I can use with my 13 month old. I’ve tried huggies and the up&up brand and she gets an awful rash from those 2 brands. Same goes for the wipes. Poor peanuts :(

April 1, 2012 at 7:12 am
(88) Marta says:

My 4 month old daughter developed a severe diaper rash with blisters after about 2 days of using these diapers. I was also excited about how thin they were but am now switching since the rash will not go away after 4 days. She never had a diaper rash before this.

April 29, 2012 at 8:03 pm
(89) Mary says:

My son has been getting terrible diaper rashes too and I had no idea why. My friend told me that the new “technology” in Pampers is causing this so I am researching and finding out that the diaper could be the cause! :( We have been using the Pampers Dry Max since that is the only kind I can find in our area in his size (4). I bought Huggies today and I hope that this makes a difference. My poor son screams when it is time to get a diaper change and has had what looks like chemical burn on his bottom. Shame on P&G if they have any idea this is going on and are not doing something to help. I sure hope the Huggies work as they did immediately for my friend and I will be staying away from Pampers if they do.

September 15, 2012 at 1:00 am
(90) christy says:

Pampers baby dry diapers caused chemical burn on my son Monday (this week) . I called in complained. This is confirmed chemical burn from our doctor. Pampers is all we have used on my 1 yr old. I’m shocked no recall has been done due to the number of babies this is happening with daily. I was offered coupons as a fix all. That’s insane. My son is so much in pain from his skin melting off and oozing blood and pampers want to send me coupons to fix it. Well sorry not ok. My son hurts and so do tons of other babies. My email has gotten no response, this along with other moms too . I’m offended that a baby supplier is not willing to put our children’s safety first. The lawsuit that was against pampers in 2010 was settled for 30 million because of chemical burns. You would think that warrents mandate changes. Obviously not becquse this week my child has suffered daily because of pampers negligent quality assurance. I refuse to stop until a recall is in store. This is absolutely absurd that any child is suffering because of a diaper. There are plenty of things that we has parents have to worry about with our children. We don’t need a company we trust and pay outrageous amounts to hurt them. By the way, I purchased the big box of 156 Pampers Baby Dry for $35.99 . We opened it and he wore three of them before I noticed the burn. 153 diapers that need to be tested for overload a chemical toxins to make a permanent resolution to this horrid issue. I want a recall!!! I want your company to step up and take responsibility for your wrong doing and fix the problem while preventing any other children pain. Therefore, until contact is made with the person that actually has a heart and cares to help. The journey will continue.

October 25, 2013 at 7:58 pm
(91) lorna mawson says:

my son got a rash on his leg and when i took him to hospital they accused me of burning him