1. Parenting
Heather Corley

Baby Products Poll: Which Disposable Diaper is Best?

By February 6, 2007

Choosing a disposable diaper for your baby often requires trial and error. What works best for one baby may fail miserably on another, because the fit of the diaper makes a big difference in how well it works. Have you found a disposable diaper that works really well for your baby or toddler? Click on the diaper brand choices below to vote for the best disposable diaper brand and help other new parents figure out which brands have the best track record for working without leaks.
Huggies
Pampers
Luvs
Seventh Generation
Mother Nature
Nature Girl & Boy
Tendercare
Tushies
Store Brand
Other
If you don't have a favorite disposable diaper yet, you can see the poll results without voting.
Comments
April 30, 2007 at 2:24 pm
(1) Kevin & Rita says:

We have a 13 month old girl. From birth to 5 months we used seventh generation. Good diaper. Then we started using Whole Foods 365 diaper. Great Diaper!! Same price or LESS than the ‘leading’ brands and NO BLEACH OR OTHER CHEMICALS. They can irritate your babies skin and pollute the environment. Huggies and Pampers seem great, but they are literally killing us and our children. Dont mean to preach, we just want to share so ALL babies (and adults!) have the best.

July 3, 2007 at 8:08 am
(2) Kevin&Ferleen says:

I have just delivered a newborn baby, and currently using mamypoko diaper. I believe it can only be bought in some asia country, but I got it in Malaysia. It happens to be the best diaper ever used after I tried out so many brand including Huggies Ultra Hug flex; somehow HU leaks all the times epscially at night.I still love MamyPoko…

January 17, 2008 at 11:18 am
(3) bob says:

i think that pampers work the best

January 23, 2008 at 12:20 pm
(4) Elizabeth says:

What about the Australian biodegradable liner-brand: G diapers? Anyone tried those? That seems like a great compromise: the convenience of a disposable and the conscience of a cloth.

July 10, 2008 at 1:45 pm
(5) mama maria says:

G-diapers work well. I need about 4 cloth diapers to get through a load of laundry (I usually put two loads per week through for the baby.) I keep a stash of disposables for trips out or running out of the cloth portion before I can get laundry done. I highly recommend them.

December 9, 2008 at 4:27 pm
(6) Lisa says:

Cloth diapers are by far the best! The best price, healthiest for baby and best for the environment. There are so many options for cloth these days, just give it a try.

May 2, 2009 at 12:01 am
(7) Lorie says:

I have 5 children ages 20 to 2. My oldest 4 are all over 15. I used Huggies with all of them. When I had my youngest 2 years ago I tried pampers swaddlers on advice from a friend since I knew diapers had changed a lot in 14 years. I also tried Luv’s that I received at my baby shower as well as White Cloud. They would all leak overnight except huggies. Now that I am trying to potty train I thought I would try cheaper pampers again. Big mistake. They leaked every time. Huggies Supreme are the only diapers I will use.

October 6, 2009 at 7:36 am
(8) mona says:

I have tries many brand and used pampers for about a year until the “new” cruisers gave me problems. The dye from diapers bled onto my son’s skin and stained them. I switched to seventh gen and will not go back to pampers b/c after writing them they were absolutely not helpful and bascially blew me off.

October 15, 2009 at 3:45 pm
(9) LauraC says:

I am happy with Huggies. It seems to work for my baby and as long as I can order it on-line it is wonderful.

I wrote the site because I am satisfied by their services.

L.

March 13, 2010 at 12:51 am
(10) Tamika says:

I love pampers. My son is nine months old and that is all he wears, I did try huggies and he wet right through them. I also tried luvs and they just feel uncomfortable, they are not as soft. I will not be changing from pampers.

March 24, 2010 at 9:46 pm
(11) aimee says:

I still believe,Chiaus baby diapers are the best,they absorpt more and feel soft.

April 29, 2010 at 12:20 am
(12) Bob in SA says:

Pampers Cruisers are becoming a thing of the past. We had been using Pampers on our 16 month daughter; they were spectacular. We just switched to the “New” Pampers with DryMax and they are failing horribly within the first few days. Our previous “leak rate” was about once every few months, which seemed unusually good, but the switch to the new “DryMax” variety of Pampers this week has an 80% fail rate at night. I fear Pampers will not return to their original product.

May 4, 2010 at 10:54 am
(13) tiffany says:

My daughter is 5 months old and I had been using these for about a month.
I had no idea where her diaper rash was coming from and I tried everything.
Last week, I started to smell something in our home that resembled a smell from
a salon. Almost like a perm smell. IT WAS COMING FROM MY DAUGHTER!!!!
She developed a chemical burn and blood blisters. I was horrified!
Upon reading the internet I found out it was the diapers! Im sure you’re like me,
you buy pampers because they are the most trusted name in diapers.
Please reconsider!!! It did not happen right away but trust me,
eventually your child will have a reaction to the chemicals in these diapers.
I can not believe these havent been recalled.
I have been so upset that I have switched brands entirely.
Since I switched to LuVs, my daughter is a brand new baby.
Not fussy, sleeps throughout the night, no rash, no burns. I now have a have a happy baby!

May 4, 2010 at 10:55 am
(14) tiffany says:

Sorry, The name of the diapers I was referring to are Pampers Dry Max.

May 7, 2010 at 2:52 pm
(15) childzen says:

this is the reason we switched to using bambo nature diapers. they are 100% natural inside and still fit like pampers. we buy them here… nurturetheseed.com

May 12, 2010 at 12:20 pm
(16) Clark says:

Bambo Nature Diapers are just like ordinary disposables, but they have a much lower eco footprint. Bambo Nature nappies are both ultra-thin and ultra-absorbent with a unique layer that draws wetness away from baby’s skin, keeping baby dry and comfortable even with repeat wetting. The diapers have been designed in conjunction with parents to assure the product has a practical design and are user friendly.
Moms love that they have all the features of leading conventional disposables but are much kinder to their baby’s skin. Bambo Nature is hypoallergenic, latex and fragrance free and features a breathable outer cover. This breathable outer cover allows heat and vapor to escape providing a more comfortable wear.
Bambo nature is avalable throught KCK Industries.

June 12, 2010 at 3:08 am
(17) nature babycare diapers size 3 says:

If convenience is top-choice, you may want to select all in a style or all in one.. They combine the absorbent part and the waterproof part in an elegant choice. Be wise to chose…: D

December 29, 2011 at 1:46 pm
(18) Norma says:

I agree with Lorrie. As a mother of twins I could’ve made a Huggies commercial. We bought them by the case at Sam’s. I tried every disposable diaper on the market at that time and Huggies was by far the best!!! Now teens, I still think about that.

May 9, 2012 at 7:57 pm
(19) Clark says:

We love Bambo Nature. Give them a try, you will be impressed.